Caviar Guide Poster
A partir de 29,00€
Available in 3 sizes, with or without frame:
Free Shipping On Everything Worldwide!
Caviar is luxury, the refinement of a chic evening. The elegance of its pearl gray, black or golden grains and its iodized flavors with hints of hazelnut, caviar is unforgettable. Between champagne and vodka, here is your guide.
You may also like
Caviar guide: what is the origin of the word "caviar"?
The word "Caviar" comes from the Greek "avyron" (egg) or the Persian "havia" which means fish eggs. Russians call it "Ikra" and the Japanese "ikura", and this term refers to all fish eggs.
Caviar guide : Sturgeon eggs
The sturgeon we have in our seas has existed for over 30 million years. Freshwater giant, it can live up to 100 years and reach 6 meters. The sturgeon's skeleton is composed of bones, and it does not have scales unlike other fish. It is born in fresh water, lives in the sea and returns to fresh water to reproduce. It is thus a potamotoque fish (I love this word!), (we also say anadromous) and amphihalin, because it passes easily from fresh water to sea water.
Black gold of the Russian court
According to Aristotle, the Greeks already tasted caviar and served it at banquets. In Persia, since the 9th century, it is considered as a food with multiple virtues. In the Middle Ages, the kings of France, England and Denmark all wanted it. It was in the 17th century that caviar arrived at the Russian court, where the tsars made it a success.
Caviar guide : The different types of caviar
- Beluga caviar: this is the "Tsar" of caviars: it offers the largest grains. It is at the same time melting, iodized and buttered, with an incredible length in mouth.
- Ossetra caviar or Oscietra caviar: musky and powerful, it presents the wildest flavors.
- Sevruga caviar: creamy and melting, it offers powerful iodine flavors.
- Baeri caviar: soft and finely iodized, it offers a buttery finish in the mouth.
- Almas caviar: a gastronomic diamond, it is the rarest and most expensive caviar in the world, made from the white albino sturgeon. It offers the most aromatic and sweetest eggs
- Kaluga caviar: its generous grains release a melting and light flavor, close to Beluga.
Caviar guide: What to drink with caviar?
To taste the caviar in the Russian way, there is nothing like a Vodka frappe. But you can also opt for a glass of Champagne or a cocktail, or a dry white wine like Meursault. I wish you a great tasting!
30×40 cm (12×16″), 50×70 cm (20×28″)
Poster in French
No frame, Wooden frame, Black frame, White frame