Lyon Guide Poster
A partir de 29,00€
Available in 3 sizes, with or without frame:
Free Shipping On Everything Worldwide!
You are a true Lyonnais proud of your city or you wish to visit Lyon? Here is the ultimate guide of Lyon, to be a TRUE Lyonnais. Find the 50 things you need to know or do to be a true Lyonnais: meet under the horse’s tail, taste oysters at the halles, avoid the Part Dieu on weekends… All those little things that make Lyon unique!
You may also like
Here is a guide of Lyon poster to become a TRUE Lyonnais!
Lyon: the first city to visit according to the New York Times
Lyon is the first French city to visit according to the New York Times! Capital of gastronomy, frescos, lights, cinema... Why not visit Lyon for a weekend? Or maybe you live in Lyon?
I myself am from Lyon (with a capital L!) and, although I've since moved to Provence (I've actually created a little guide to Marseille expressions in mixed words), Lyon is my favorite destination in France. Not only because my familylives in Lyon, but also because it's always a pleasure to stroll down the République street, to drive on the quays...
Lyon Guide Poster: 50 things to do in Lyon
As a native Lyonnais, I couldn't resist sharing with you the 50 things to do in Lyon - or have done to be a true Lyonnais. Whether you're visiting, a tourist or a real local, this is your ultimate guide of Lyon!
First, the gastronomy of Lyon
In this guide to Lyon, you will find the must-haves of Lyon's gastronomy. Here is my best-of - I know it's personal, but so true!
- Buy a Saint-Marcellin from Mère Richard
- Tasting oysters on a Sunday at the market (Les Halles)
- Celebrate the Beaujolais Nouveau and find a taste of banana (or blueberry, blackberry, raspberry...)
- Choosing between Voisinand Bernachon chocolates
- A mâchon in a "bouchon Lyonnais"
- Taste a praline pie
- An ice cream at Nardone
- Dinner at Bocuse
- Enjoying bugnes in February (the soft ones!)
- A "cervelle des canuts" at the Garet
- Eating chestnuts at La Vogue
- A "tablier de sapeur" at Mère Brazier
- Sauerkraut at Brasserie Georges
- (re)discover the andouillette Bobosse
- A quenelle at Abel's
Then, the places to visit in Lyon
- Take the "gones" to see Guignol in Saint-Georges
- Admire the fresco of the Lyonnais
- Walk the rue de la Ré
- Take the vaporetto to the confluence
- Go to the Biennale of Contemporary Art
- Take the footbridge to the Quais de Saône
- Watch the dancers in front of the Opera
- Going to Fourvière with the Ficelle
- Go jogging in the Parc de la Tête d'Or
- Stroll along Cours Vitton and rue Emile Zola
- Going to the Halle Tony Garnier
- Get lost in traboules of the old Lyon
Not to mention the things you absolutely must know!
- Avoid Part-Dieu on Saturdays
- Knowing that finding a "gâche" is a hassle
- Knowing that the Rue Mercière is for tourists
- Knowing the 10 Beaujolais wines
Finally, things to do in Lyon...
... or that we all did as Lyonnais!
- Meet under the horse's tail at Place Bellecour
- Shopping at the Gros Caillou market
- Go skiing for the day
- Put a saucisson to cook
- Take your "fenotte" to the book market of the Pêcherie
- Lighting the lumignons on December 8
- Getting stuck in traffic in the Fourvière tunnel
- Say with your voice: "Attention, open the doors on the right, in the direction of the traffic".
- Drinking a beer at the Ninkasibefore the soccer game
- Ask "C'est quelle heure ?"
- Savoir Y faire
- Getting home by Vélo'v
- See a concert at the Transbo
- Watch an OL soccer game
- Making fun of the Stéphanois
- Throwing "gadins" into the Rhône
- Dancing on a barge
30×40 cm (12×16″), 50×70 cm (20×28″)
Poster in French
No frame, Wooden frame, Black frame, White frame